Jasmine provides hospice and palliative care services in the Cayman Islands and is seeking an individual to act as our Events and Fundraising Assistant (EFA). This a full-time position working closely with and reporting to the Marketing and Fundraising Manager (MFM). As a non-profit organization, it is preferred that the successful candidate have experience working with and for a voluntary Board and understands the importance of fiscal efficiency as it pertains to the implementation of marketing and fundraising activities. This position provides an opportunity for an individual to contribute to the breadth and success of our marketing and fundraising initiatives.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Plan and coordinate fundraising events under the direction of the MFM;
- Responsible for executing of marketing strategy as directed by MFM, specifically as it pertains to website maintenance, social media marketing, and paid print/radio/etc. ads.
- Oversee fundraising volunteers with focus recruitment, training, and utilization.
- Assist with various aspects of fundraising administration including database management, donor recognition and support, further development of fundraising systems, event archives, etc.
- Assist volunteers/community groups/companies who wish to arrange their own fundraisers.
- Other duties as assigned by MFM.
- 2 years’ experience in large scale event planning.
- 1-2 years’ experience in marketing, especially social media and content creation/graphic design.
- Holder must be trustworthy, competent, mature, and able to work under own initiative with minimal supervision.
- Passionate about palliative and hospice care.
- Deep understanding of digital marketing, websites, social media platforms.
- A reasonable understanding of charities and fundraising techniques.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office and social media platforms, analytic tools, database systems, and other appropriate marketing tools and software.
- Familiarity with appropriate marketing computer software and online applications.
- Must have valid driver’s license and access to vehicle during working hours.
- University degree in related field preferred but not mandatory.
- Fully vaccinated against COVID-19 mandatory.
Must be willing to work holidays, evening, and weekends as dictated by events schedule and need for office coverage.
Salary is commensurate with experience and will fall within the range of CI 34,000 – 42,000 per annum.
Deadline for application is April 1, 2022
Please email your CV and 3 references (at least 1 from a previous employer) to: email@example.com.